Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

More fun with pyrography

Blessings of Imbolc to you all. Finally we are seeing the light lasting that little bit longer each day and the first stirrings of green shoots can been seen in the brown earth.

The past week has been quite hard for me as one of the members of my family is quite ill in hospital and we are unsure at the moment for their future.

I have been keeping myself busy of late with my pyrography. Since I last posted about it I have been bust practising the craft on paper, wood and leather.
here is a selection of what I have burnt so far:

Lady of Avalon and Badger keyring

keijo our dog


Dia De Los Muertos 
  


 Mountain Lion and cub with a work in progress showing sketch, outline, shading, shadows and finish.

Thor's hammer


Taking photos of pyrography is turning out to be quite difficult and they look better in the flesh.

I am loving this new craft and have many requests for designs which I look forward to starting on. I am currently waiting for some small plain wooden chests to arrive that I plan to decorate.


No comments:

Post a Comment